By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through August 5. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
10600 block of NW 62nd Court
On July 31, the resident reported that she suspected her husband, who lives at another location might have been following her.
7400 block of NW 65th Lane
On August 2, BSO was dispatched to a report of a dog bite. An officer met with the victim, who wished to report that her neighbor’s dog had been off-leash and attacked her dog. BSO spoke with her neighbor, who stated he would take more care in keeping his dog on a leash.
Intersection of 9400 Old Club Road and University Drive
On August 2, the complainant saw his girlfriend driving. He walked up to her vehicle on University Drive, and he grabbed the door handle as she was driving off, but he did not let go and fell to the ground. He sustained lacerations to his knee and elbow.
7600 block of NW 127th Manor
On July 31, BSO responded to the address in reference to possible mail fraud. Between July 7 and July 21, the complainant’s mail was placed on hold by an unknown person, and his phone service was transferred from AT&T to Magic Jack.
Arrestable Traffic Violations
The Intersection of University Drive and Holmberg Road
On August 1, a traffic crash occurred at the intersection of University Drive and Holmberg Road. The driver of one vehicle gave false information during the crash investigation. It was then determined that he had a suspended driver’s license and was on active felony probation. He was arrested on charges of fraud-impersonation-false identification given to a law enforcement officer and booked into the Broward Jail.
Theft – All other
11600 block of NW 82nd Court
On August 2, BSO responded to the residence in reference to a social security card that was stolen.
7271 North State Road 7 – Crunch Fitness
On August 1, BSO responded to Crunch Fitness in reference to a burglary conveyance, where the right front passenger window was smashed, and a purse was removed from the vehicle.
7941 Redwood Lane – Cypresshead
On August 3, a male victim advised that an unknown suspect(s) unlawfully entered his unlocked truck and removed his laptop.
Theft – All other
10555 Trails End – Pine Trails Park
On August 1, BSO responded to Pine Trails Park in reference to a stolen iPhone X.
6650 University Drive
On August 5, the victim reported he lost his black wallet on July 29 and noticed it missing on July 31. It contained his driver’s license, work permit, two credit cards, and $80. He did not know where he lost it.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.07.11Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Endorses Bob Mayersohn for City Commission
- News2020.07.10Nominate Someone for the 2020 Broward Education Foundation Hall of Fame
- News2020.07.10City Hopes to Ease Traffic With New Roundabout in Parkland
- News2020.07.10Parkland Proposes Budget and Millage Rate for 2021