By Sharon Aron Baron
Parents looking for a safe and exciting place for their children over winter break have a great option in Coral Springs.
The Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital’s Camp Wild is an interactive environmental day camp where campers from ages 6 -12 explore the outdoors and learn about environmental topics through prepared lessons and interaction with the Nature Center’s permanent animal ambassadors.
Led by the Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital’s adventurous staff, campers will discover the mysteries of nature, hands-on science activities, animal visits, outdoor exploration, and nature-inspired crafts.
Camp sessions run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Extended hours are available for an additional fee and with advanced notice.
Week 1: Animals Around the World December 26 – 30, 2022
During this week, we will be focused on learning about ecosystems around the world and how animals have become adapted to live within these varied regions. Campers will explore many different ecosystems and critical species within them and learn how these species are built to survive.
In addition, campers will participate in outdoor activities and crafts and meet some of our animal ambassadors representing these areas.
Week 2: Ecosystem Engineers January 2 – 6, 2022
During Week 2, we will focus on animal ecosystem engineers that help to build and develop the ecosystem where they live.
Through interactive activities and lessons, campers will explore topics regarding how animals and other organisms are interconnected to impact the ecosystem and how we can affect those impacts both negatively and positively.
Camp Wild provides an educational and social experience that keeps campers coming back time after time.
The Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital is a 501c3 organization dedicated to environmental education and native wildlife rehabilitation. Thousands of adults and children are reached each year through visitation and environmental educational programming, and over 1400 animals are treated through the wildlife hospital.
Located at 3000 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.02.02Parkland Man Arrested for Allegedly Abusing and Neglecting Infant, Causing Serious Injuries
- News2023.01.31Parkland Farmers’ Market Includes a Pet Expo With over 100 Vendors
- News2023.01.28Mah Jongg Tournament Raises Awareness For Women’s Heart Health
- News2023.01.26Parkland Holds Commemoration Ceremony for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Community on Feb. 14