By: Sharon Aron Baron
A suspect has been arrested, and charged with killing a Parkland man at a North Lauderdale convenience store.
Tyrone Moses Fields, 19, was arrested on Friday, one day after surveillance video was released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Ayub Ali, 61, was inside Aunt Molly’s Food Store on 1691 S. State Road 7 on July 17, after a suspect entered the store. During the video, Ali put his hands up, appearing not to put up any fight. Shortly after, the man takes money from the register and leaves. But deputies said the suspect returned shortly after and shot Ali.
Following the release of the video, BSO detectives and Broward CrimeStoppers received a number of tips. The homicide detectives’ investigation led them to an associate of Fields’ who encouraged him to meet with law enforcement. Around 12:30 p.m. July 20, Fields turned himself in at Fort Lauderdale Police’s station. He faces one count of murder and a robbery with firearm charge.
Ali lived in the Meadow Run community with his wife Farhana. He was originally from Bangladesh. Ali had two children who were survivors of the school shooting massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
Fields is being held with no bond.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors