By Sharon Aron Baron
The United States Coast Guard Band is heading to Parkland on April 7.
Under the direction of Commander Adam Williamson, they’ll perform at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as part of their 2022 National Concert Tour Southern Connections.
The program includes works by Kevin Day, John Philip Sousa, and more. Dazzling soloists include Floridian MU1 Tim Bedard and other instrumentalists from the band.
Representing the United States Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, the 55-member ensemble has performed at some of the most prestigious venues in the nation, including the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Lincoln Center, and Carnegie Hall.
Based at the US Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT, the Coast Guard Band frequently appears in Washington, DC, at presidential and cabinet-level functions on formal and informal occasions.
Historic events include National Christmas Tree lighting ceremonies, the American Bicentennial Celebration with President Gerald Ford, World War II Fiftieth Anniversary events in England, and Inaugural celebrations for every President since Herbert Hoover.
The free concert is Thursday, April 7, 2022, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Register here US-Coast-Guard-Band.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas is located at 5901 Pine Island Road.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 award-winning news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2022.05.15Sisters Open New Yoga Studio in Coconut Creek
- News2022.05.092 Parkland Students Awarded Scholarships from the Broward League of Cities
- News2022.05.05Broward Health Coral Springs Teams Up with Pediatrix for Obstetrics Care