By: Jill Fox
For those searching for a way to help the community, the City of Parkland is currently accepting applications for the planning and zoning advisory board.
The Planning and Zoning Advisory Board is an all-volunteer group charged with recommending insight on matters, such as site plans and the potential rezoning of property to the city commission. Residents should be able to sift through details of architectural plans, maps, proposals and combine them into cohesive recommendations.
Candidates must be Parkland residents. Apply here. Applications are accepted until Friday, January 14, 2022.
A city advisory board in Parkland typically consists of five to nine citizens who make recommendations to the city commission. Each commissioner receives one appointment, with two seats at-large and two alternates.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2022.05.17Find a “Fur”ever Friend At Parkland’s 1st Dog Expo
- News2022.05.09Make Our Schools Safe Raises $125,000 At Annual Benefit
- News2022.05.07Parents Invited To Vaping Prevention Town Hall On May 12
- News2022.05.064 Awarded Friendship Journey Scholarships In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto