By Sharon Aron Baron
The threat that triggered a Code Red for Westglades Middle School and a Code Yellow for Marjory Stoneman Douglas has now been cleared.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, they investigated a suspicious call that came into 911 regarding Westglades Middle School in Parkland. BSO deputies responded to the scene and investigated. The threat was unfounded. An all-clear has been given.
On Friday, parents received a phone call from their respective schools, including those in the surrounding areas. Parkland Talk and Coral Springs Talk broke the news online for those who did not get the calls.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.16Rep Christine Hunschofsky Hosts Online Town Hall with 3 Broward County Agencies
- News2021.06.15Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.06.14Eats ‘n Beats Returns With The National Tom Petty Tribute Show