By Sharon Aron Baron
The threat that triggered a Code Red for Westglades Middle School and a Code Yellow for Marjory Stoneman Douglas has now been cleared.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, they investigated a suspicious call that came into 911 regarding Westglades Middle School in Parkland. BSO deputies responded to the scene and investigated. The threat was unfounded. An all-clear has been given.
On Friday, parents received a phone call from their respective schools, including those in the surrounding areas. Parkland Talk and Coral Springs Talk broke the news online for those who did not get the calls.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.03.05BSO Arrest Teen for Threat at Pompano Beach School
- News2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Marjory Stoneman Douglas in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Parkland Crime Update: Man Assaulted While Walking His Dog