By Jill Fox
South Florida’s premier youth tackle football and cheer program is holding registration for its 2020 teams.
Comprised of up to six football team divisions and up to six cheerleading squads, Parkland Rangers is open to children, ages 5 to 14.
Parkland Rangers President, Will Billings, said that in this travel league, every child would make the team and play in every game. As part of the Pop Warner organization, the Parkland Rangers has an emphasis on academics and minimum play requirements.
“It is a fantastic program that even has an opportunity for scholarships,” said Parkland City Commissioner Rich Walker, whose 10-year-old son plays on the Rangers.
The teams will do most of their travel within Broward County, with some games in Boca Raton as well.
Online registration is available, and interested athletes are welcome to attend in-person registration to meet the coaches and ask questions, as well as to speak with returning families.
“We build such a family atmosphere that the community becomes a part of the team, and the kids and families get to know each other very well,” said Billings.
One of Billings’ favorite activities is Friday nights when the team has dinner together as a Rangers family at Pine Trails Park, where all practices and home games are held.
Games will begin in August, followed by playoffs and Nationals at The Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World in November.
“They do a lot of conditioning; my son has never been in better shape than after the season,” said Commissioner Walker, “He loves tackle football.”
Registration will take place on February 29, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Pine Trails Park Pavilion, and will continue online until August 1 at parklandrangers.com.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park