Rodman and his family put together a rap video as a fun way to get the story out there.
By Jill Fox
In keeping with his dream of becoming a rap star, Dr. Todd Rodman thought putting together a music video would be a fun way to promote the 5th Annual Wiffle Blast.
The local chiropractor founded the Parkland event, which has raised over $200,000 to date for the Jason Taylor Foundation, supporting programs for South Florida’s children in need, particularly those battling cancer.
“When I first had the idea for a wiffle ball tournament, the Jason Taylor Foundation was first on my list,” said Rodman. “They do such great things in the community for kids.”
Speaking from experience, Rodman felt the foundation supported his family when his nephew, James, was in an accident.
Each year, 35 teams meet at Pine Trails Park to participate in the popular pastime providing safe and healthy fun for the whole family.
The event, which takes place on Saturday, January 29, 2022, has already raised $40,000, and limited team spots are still available here.
Games will begin at 10 a.m. at Pine Trails Park, followed by food trucks, a DJ, a kids’ boot camp, and more. The event is free for spectators; however, they can donate $10 to participate in the home run derby. That $10 gets you ten pitches, and the top three hits will qualify for the finals.
A 50/50 raffle drawing will also be held at approximately 1:00 p.m., and there is no need to be present to win.
Rodman said the event is great for many reasons, mainly bringing the community together for a great cause. “It brings people back to their childhood, remembering how special it is to be a kid while playing for the ones who can’t because they’re sick.”
Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2022.05.09Make Our Schools Safe Raises $125,000 At Annual Benefit
- News2022.05.07Parents Invited To Vaping Prevention Town Hall On May 12
- News2022.05.064 Awarded Friendship Journey Scholarships In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2022.05.03REGISTER NOW: Dolphins Football and Cheer Summer Camp