By: Sharon Aron Baron
As a popular pastime for almost 70 years, Wiffle Ball follows the basic principles of baseball: throwing, hitting, and catching.
With its recent resurgence in popularity, the Jason Taylor Foundation is putting a brand new twist on a game on Saturday, January 18, 2020, in the Annual Wiffle Blast.
The 4th annual event will provide safe and healthy fun for old and young players where a field of up to 35 teams will step on the mini-diamond at Pine Trails Park in Parkland to participate in a friendly tournament.
Proceeds raised at Wiffle Blast will benefit the Jason Taylor Foundation which supports South Florida’s children in need — particularly those battling cancer and pediatric emergencies.
Running concurrently with the main Wiffle Blast tournament, participants and spectators will have the opportunity to compete in the Home Run Derby as well as enjoy food trucks and live entertainment.
Drawings will be held throughout the day for memorabilia, gift certificates, and many other unique items.
Of course, the adults won’t have all the fun as the Wiffle Blast KidZone will provide interactive experiences with crafts and activities that will keep the little ones engaged both mentally and physically. Wiffle Blast promises fun for the whole family.
Event check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Games begin at 10 a.m. and run until 3:30 p.m. The event is free for spectators however they can make a donation of $10 to participate in the home run derby. All team spots are sold out.
Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3