By Sharon Aron Baron
ArtServe’s “Wellness Exhibition: Fostering Mental and Emotional Health—An Artist’s Journey Through Healing” will open with a complimentary public reception on Friday, April 21, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May.
The event, sponsored by MyPsychiatrist.com and Broward Health, will feature a panel discussion with local psychology professionals and artists moderated by Funding Arts Broward’s Kat Sierra.
The exhibit will run through June 16, 2023, and is accessible to the public. It aims to demonstrate the therapeutic benefits of art for mental health.
ArtServe Executive Director Jason Hughes said, “Exploring self-expression through the outlet of various art forms can create a safe space that helps many embrace and sort through their own personal difficulties.”
ArtServe curated the “Wellness” exhibit from local artists’ submissions, including Parkland-based Lori Arbel, a therapeutic art coach, and gallery owner.
The American Art Therapy Association reports that over 5,000 art therapists provide services nationwide, using art-making, creative processes, and applied psychological theory to support healing.
A concurrent solo exhibit, “Story of a Woman’s Journey” by Deborah Strelkow, will also be displayed at ArtServe.
ArtServe is located at 1350 E. Sunrise Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.06.05Basser’s Fine Wine Raises the Bar with its 3rd Annual Food and Wine Festival
- News2023.06.05Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our 2023 Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians
- News2023.05.30Florida Politics: Teaching Licenses Now Accepted from Other States, But Will it Solve the Teacher Shortage Crisis?
- News2023.05.30Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County