By Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) Regional Communications Division seeks public feedback to maintain its accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA).
First awarded accreditation in 2020, the BSO’s Regional Communications Division has maintained its accredited status every four years since then.
According to BSO, CALEA Accreditation is recognized as the International Gold Standard for Public Safety Agencies, providing a foundation for a successful, well-managed, transparent, community-focused public safety agency.
The process involves a rigorous self-assessment, reviewing policies, practices, and processes against internationally accepted public safety standards, an assessment by independent assessors, and public feedback to promote community trust and engagement.
BSO’s Regional Communications Division is inviting community feedback on its compliance with CALEA standards and the delivery of public safety services. Public comment is an important part of the accreditation process, and citizen input will be used to identify areas for improvement and develop strategies for meeting the highest standards.
Created in 1979, CALEA was created to administer the accreditation process and develop standards based on international best practices in public safety. The overall intent of the accreditation process is to provide participating agencies with information to support continuous improvement and foster the pursuit of professional excellence.
To leave a comment on BSO’s compliance with CALEA standards, citizens are encouraged to follow the link to the CALEA public portal.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.06.05Basser’s Fine Wine Raises the Bar with its 3rd Annual Food and Wine Festival
- News2023.06.05Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our 2023 Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians
- News2023.05.30Florida Politics: Teaching Licenses Now Accepted from Other States, But Will it Solve the Teacher Shortage Crisis?
- News2023.05.30Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County