By Jill Fox
The Parkland Chamber of Commerce is holding a back to school panel discussion with principals and local leaders.
Parents who tune in will hear from principals answering their questions from Heron Heights, Park Trails and Riverglades Elementary, Westglades Middle School, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Mary Help of Christians, and Somerset Parkland Academy.
Cindy Kaufman, Director of Marketing for the Chamber, said the purpose of the panel is to keep the community informed of what to expect this upcoming school year.
Additional speakers include Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky, Cindy Arenberg Seltzer from the Children’s Services Council, a representative from Florida Virtual Schools, and Broward County School Board Member Lori Alhadeff.
Attendees should email their questions to the panelists in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and note for whom they are intended.
The complimentary discussion will take place via Zoom Wednesday, Aug 5, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., and the Zoom link will be provided upon registration.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrests 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021