By: Sharon Aron Baron
After two Marjory Stoneman Douglas students have died by suicide, the City of Coral Springs wants to help answer any questions in the aftermath by hosting a Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Town Hall meeting.
After recent Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School graduate, Sydney Aiello, took her life on March 17, police confirmed that a second survivor, a current student at the Parkland school, has also died in an apparent suicide. According to the Coral Springs Police Department, they will not be releasing information regarding the death investigation until they receive the Medical Examiner’s final report.
At the Town Hall on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 6 p.m. the City of Coral Springs will have representatives from mental health organizations, a live Q&A in the commission chambers, as well as members of the Coral Springs Police Department in attendance. A public information officer will be at the event to assist with media questions and inquiries.
Coral Springs City Hall is located at 9500 W Sample Rd, Coral Springs, FL 33065
If you need mental health resources or guidance about suicide prevention, please visit Resources.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10