By Sharon Aron Baron
Due to a change in an early dismissal day, school zone flashing lights will not be active on Tuesday.
According to Broward County Public Schools, on Tuesday, January 12, 2021, due to revisions to the 2020-2021 BCPS school calendar adopted at the Regular School Board Meeting in December, school zone lights will be inactive.
This resulted from the early release day originally scheduled for Thursday, January 8, being moved to Tuesday, January 12.
Due to it taking 60 days for the Broward County Traffic Engineering Division to manually make any adjustments to the schedule for school zone flashing signals, the district reminds drivers to slow down and use extra caution in school zones.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.04.08Gov Demands End to Cruise No-Sail Order: Announces Lawsuit against Federal Government, CDC
- News2021.04.07Parkland Crime Update Through April 5
- News2021.04.065th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival Held at the Sawgrass Nature Center in Coral Springs
- News2021.04.06Rep. Ted Deutch on the Death of Alcee Hastings: ‘I’m Heartbroken at the Passing of my Dear Friend’