By Jill Fox
State Rep. Christine Hunschofsky is launching a new high school internship program where students in grades 10 through 12 can learn more about the legislative process, specifically in Florida House District 96.
“I would like to empower the students and give them an opportunity for leadership,” said Hunschofsky, who said she enjoys working with young people, allowing them to see how the office works.
Although most of the program components will be done virtually, students will hear from speakers about different areas of government and gain valuable experience by connecting with their community, peers, and elected officials.
Interns also have an opportunity to network with civic leaders and gain a holistic understanding of public service.
Some students will learn clerical and research skills, while others may represent the office in meetings, create videos, or assist with special projects.
The internships are not limited to those with interest in local politics. Hunschofsky said students who enjoy communications, journalism, policy research, or local outreach should apply.
The internship program is open to students living within District 96, including portions of Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Margate, and Parkland.
To be considered, call 954-956-5600 or email district aide Lisa Librizzi for an application. Service hours will be earned during the program.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program