By: Sharon Aron Baron
For almost every high school student, the SAT can leave students with anxiety. Eagles Haven Wellness Center wants to help with a 10-week course prepping them on the test that is the gateway to getting into the college of their choice.
This course has been designed generally for juniors – seniors who will soon be taking the SAT’s. The emphasis of this class is placed on test-taking techniques, math, English grammar, and reading comprehension. This is a ten-week course that occurs every Sunday from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm. SAT Prep. Books and other materials will be given out on the first day of class. There are only a few slots open, and once it is full, students will receive an email confirmation.
Debuting in 1926 by the College Board, the SAT is a standardized test widely used for college admissions in the United States. The course at Eagles Haven is designed for juniors and seniors with emphasis placed on test-taking techniques, math, English, and reading comprehension.
Giving those with a connection to Marjory Stoneman Douglas a nurturing place to seek support, Eagles Haven provides a place to rediscover wellness and restore hope. Located at 5655 Coral Ridge Dr. Serving Coral Springs and Parkland students as well as parents, teachers, and staff of MSD.
Call 954-618-0350 or go to eagleshaven.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out