By Sharon Aron Baron
A former Florida Atlantic University student has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for producing child sexual abuse material involving a 14-year-old girl.
According to court records, Shawn Anthony Jackson Outler, 23, used social media to form relationships with nine minors, ages 13 to 17, and enticed them to create sexually explicit videos and engage in sexually explicit activity during video calls.
With some of these minors, Outler succeeded in establishing dominant/submissive relationships during which time he verbally belittled and humiliated them and had some engage in self-harm such as burning, carving, and cutting.
He had some of the females perform degrading acts and threatened to post them online should the minor female fail to comply with his requests for production of sexually explicit acts.
Outler was arrested by the FBI on March 3, 2022.
In addition to his prison sentence, he will be required to serve 25 years of supervised release, pay restitution, and register as a sex offender upon his release from prison.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.06.05Basser’s Fine Wine Raises the Bar with its 3rd Annual Food and Wine Festival
- News2023.06.05Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our 2023 Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians
- News2023.05.30Florida Politics: Teaching Licenses Now Accepted from Other States, But Will it Solve the Teacher Shortage Crisis?
- News2023.05.30Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County