By Sharon Aron Baron
On Thursday, Governor DeSantis announced six COVID-19 vaccination sites that would provide greater access to underserved populations.
One of the locations is at Broward College – North Campus at 1000 Coconut Creek Blvd in Coconut Creek. The others are in Miami, Jacksonville, Kissimmee, and Tallahassee.
“I’m pleased to announce the opening of six new COVID-19 vaccination sites in underserved areas in Florida,” said Gov DeSantis. “These sites, which will administer 200 shots per day and be open seven days a week, will significantly increase access to the vaccine for seniors in these communities.”
These new vaccination sites open Thursday and provide vaccines to frontline health care workers and individuals 65 years of age and older. Each site will administer 200 vaccines per day and will be open 7 days a week.
Individuals that are interested in being contacted to schedule an appointment can either call 866-201-6313 or visit www.myvaccine.fl.gov.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton
- News2022.01.16Pets of the Week: Sheba and Bucky Are Ready to Meet a New Family