By Jill Fox
Laughter may be the best medicine, and until everyone gets their COVID vaccination, it may be the dose we all need.
Instead of the annual fundraising gala, Congregation Kol Tikvah is holding a virtual comedy night that should take guests’ minds off the pandemic.
Last year, over 250 people attended Howl through the Decades, raising $36,000 for programs offered at the temple along with their educational and community pre-school programs.
This year, their goal is $40,000 with “Comedy is the Remedy” — a virtual Fun-Raiser featuring Steven Scott, of Comedy Central and America’s Got Talent fame.
On Saturday, January 30, at 7:30 p.m., the comedy routine, and a live and silent auction will be held, beginning with a pre-show at 7:15 p.m., The auction includes a vacation to Hawaii, a South African safari, jewelry, restaurant gift cards, even a reserved parking space at the temple.
“This year is just so different,” said fundraising committee member Rachel Biederman. “The beauty of this event being virtual is anyone can attend, not just temple members.”
They will also present the Stephen B. Zafir award to temple treasurer Amy Kaufman to honor her efforts during a year with many obstacles.
Registration with a minimum suggested donation of $36 per household is available here.
Currently, Kol Tikvah is meeting online for virtual services, but they anticipate reopening soon.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program