By: Sharon Aron Baron
Natural and organic grocery store Lucky’s Market has announced they will be closing their Coral Springs location.
The Colorado-based store located at 9200 Wiles Road in the Royal Eagle Plaza opened in November of 2016 to rave reviews as well as loyal shoppers.
On Tuesday morning, employees were called to a meeting and advised the store would be closing on February 12, according to our source.
Brandee Smith, of Coral Springs who shops at Lucky’s five-times-a week, was devastated to hear the news.
“I think they have amazing prices and a great variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. The employees are like family to me.”
She said the store is very community-minded, and when she brings her own reusable bags, they donate money to the three different local charities.
“Their bulk items area is amazing,” she said. “I’ll go there and buy all these things, and it’s so little money.”
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Lucky’s is closing 32 stores. Only the Melbourne store will remain open. The chain’s South Florida stores are in Coral Springs, Oakland Park, and Plantation.
The 32,000 square feet store, employed approximately 160 people and offered a large selection of local produce, fresh seafood, and a bakery. Shoppers enjoyed their wide variety of antibiotic and growth hormone-free meats, plus gluten-free products.
Customers who come from Parkland, also enjoyed their juice bar, which prepared fresh juices and smoothies throughout the day, along with an extensive beer and wine selection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.18Wife of Arrested Pediatrician: ‘I’m Shocked, Blindsided, and Sickened’
- News2021.01.18Parkland Resident Who Struck Security Guard Threatens Lawsuit: Video Tells the Real Story
- News2021.01.17Parkland Resident Arrested For Striking Community Security Guard
- News2021.01.17Parkland Couple Builds Facebook Community for COVID-19 Vaccine Information