By Jill Fox
This Tuesday and Wednesday are two opportunities to socialize and play Mah Jongg. Each one includes friends, food, and fun and takes place at Family Bagels of Long Island.
Mah Jongg, a table game similar to rummy, is played with tiles rather than cards. Most women would agree the typical goal is to assemble a winning combination of tiles over tasty snacks and occasional gossip.
On Tuesday, May 11, those interested in learning the game can visit Family Bagels of Long Island at 9:30 a.m. for bagels, coffee, and beginners’ Mah Jongg.
For those who already know how to play or need to find a fourth, a mom’s night out may sound better. An evening event on Wednesday, May 12 at 7 p.m. will include small bites, mingling with other mah jongg enthusiasts, raffles, and more.
Both events include professional instruction, practice gameplay, Mah Jongg supplies, refreshments, and more for $20 to $25 per person.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby