By Jill Fox
With the Fourth of July on the horizon, Make Our Schools Safe has come up with the perfect way for one family to celebrate.
The Fourth of July Party Time Raffle allows participants to win a cooler full of entertainment and summertime fun while supporting a good cause.
The nonprofit organization, Make Our Schools Safe was started when Lori and Ilan Alhadeff lost their 14-year old daughter, Alyssa, in the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre.
After being in quarantine for so long, Lori wanted to find a way to raise money virtually for their third annual tennis fundraiser. The Alhadeff family used to celebrate the fourth of July at the beach, so this was a good fit.
The prize package contains items that could make for a spectacular Independence Day, from ample decorations and an Amazon Echo Smart Speaker to a Yeti Rambler with a $100 gift card from Total Wine & More.
By far, the most sentimental parts of the package are the s’mores ingredients and grilling basket.
“The s’mores kit was Alyssa’s favorite,” said Alhadeff, “We had so much fun together on the beach while watching fireworks.”
Red, white and blue raffle tickets start at a recommended donation of $25.The raffle ends on June 26 at 9:00 a.m., and ticket purchasers must be 18-years-old to participate.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.174 Parkland Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- Events2020.09.15Parkland Synagogues Prepare for A Virtual New Year
- News2020.09.15Pap Corps Raises Almost $30,000 for Cancer Research
- News2020.09.15Parkland Talk Interviews Robert Brannen and Bob Mayersohn: Candidates for City Commissioner District 4