By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs man is in custody after he attempted to rob a Parkland bank on Thursday.
On Tuesday at around noon, David Licht, 46, wearing flannel shirt, jeans, and a ski mask approached the front doors of a Mercantil Bank branch located at 8017 N University Drive in Parkland. He attempted, but was unable to gain entry.
“If you see someone on a balmy summer day trying to enter a bank in flannel and wearing a ski mask, you should call 911 from a safe distance,” said FBI Special Agent Michael Leverock.
Licht was taken into custody this afternoon by the Coral Springs Police Department and is facing Federal charges. His initial appearance in Federal Court is anticipated to be Friday morning in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.09.16911 Dispatcher Recognized After Saving Life of Parkland Woman
- News2021.09.15Selection Committee Chooses Developer for Former Heron Bay Golf Course
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Hold 20th Commemoration Ceremony for 9/11