By: Sharon Aron Baron
Parkland resident Stephen Marante has been awarded a scholarship from the Broward League of Cities.
Marante, who attends Coral Springs High School, was awarded a $1,000 scholarship given to high school seniors who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or another government-related field.
He plans to attend Florida State University and major in political science with a dual master’s degree in applied American politics, after which he plans to attend law school.
Marante serves as the student advisor to the Broward County School Board. He is a member of the National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and National English Honor Society, member of the track team, swim team, water polo and tennis team. Stephen was recently named by the Florida Department of Education as the Florida delegate to the United States Senate Youth Program. He is the son of Roly and Annette Marante.
“I’ve been fortunate to know Stephen for several years now, and this young man continues to impress,” said Dan Daley, Coral Springs city commissioner and past president of the Broward League of Cities. “From his academic achievement to his involvement in making our community a better place, Stephen is constantly working, growing, and achieving.”
In its eighth year, the Broward League of Cities’ Scholarship for Government Studies program has donated a total of $32,000 to students who are preparing for a career in public service and have demonstrated their involvement in work, volunteer service, internships in public, governmental, community and legislative environments. The league chose four recipients who were selected from applicants representing all of Broward County.
Daley said that he has no doubt Marante will continue to do great things and make good on the investment to Broward League of Cities, and this community, has made in him.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.20Next Parkland Farmers’ Market Features Public Safety and 90 Vendors
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton