By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas football picked up their third win of the season on Friday, defeating Olympic Heights Community High School 47-24.
Ben McCullars III opened the scoring with a rushing touchdown before Ryan Spallina doubled the lead with a passing touchdown to Slade Rogers. Spallina continued to shine, recording the next three rushing touchdowns to make it 33-14 before Christiano Blake added two more touchdowns to record the win.
The Eagles are now 3-6 this year and will play Coral Glades in their final game of the regular season on Thursday, November 2, at 6 p.m. The Jaguars have one win this year and lost 42-7 in the only meeting last year. The junior varsity team closed their season with a loss against Monarch High School 28-12. They finished the year with a record of 3-3.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win