By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball team lost to Cypress Bay High School in the Regional Quarterfinals on Wednesday, ending their best season since 2018.
The Eagles, who reached the District Final, came in as the sixth seed in the opening round of Regionals under first-year head Coach Aidan Gidon. MSD, though, fell for the second time this year against Cypress Bay High School. The Eagles finished the season with 14 wins and will have eight players set to graduate from this year’s team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win