By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas was back on the field on Tuesday with the boys and girls soccer teams playing Coral Glades while the girls basketball team began their season.
Next, both teams will play Monarch High School on Thursday, November 30, with the girls starting at 4 p.m. And the boys competing at 6 p.m. The Knights girls soccer team is 1-3 this year, defeating Deerfield Beach High School, while the boys soccer team is 3-1 and beat the Eagles three times last season with two victories coming in the postseason.
The girls basketball team began their season and fell in their opening game 60-22 against Cypress Bay High School.
The Eagles had only three wins last year but had one in the postseason against Coconut Creek High School. Next, MSD will play Olympic Heights Community High School on Wednesday, November 29, at 6 p.m. The Lions are 2-0 this year with wins against Leonard and Santaluces High School while also winning by forfeit last year against the Eagles.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments