By Jill Fox
On Wednesday, Parkland City Commissioner Stacy Kagan announced that the Metro Broward Firefighters and Paramedics Local 3080 is endorsing her candidacy for Mayor of Parkland.
Always an active supporter of the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department, Kagan brought forward the need for an additional fire truck for the station off Parkside Drive at a strategic planning meeting, and the commission agreed.
“They know I’ve worked very hard to keep safety a priority,” she said. “And I’ve supported them and tried to get them what they need.”
The Metro Broward Local 3080 represents over 800 men and women in nine municipal fire-rescue agencies who serve over 680,000 residents in Broward County.
Brian Powell, president, said, “We want to thank you for your willingness to serve in public office and your continued support of the men and women that make up the Fire-Rescue services.”
Kagan is very proud to be endorsed by the Metro Broward 3080s, which includes many Coral Springs and Parkland firefighters.
She said, from being both a commissioner and a resident, she has seen them work, train, been on ride-alongs, and at events, and she’s seen how they treat residents through tragedies.
“They are outstanding, and I am absolutely honored they chose to endorse me for mayor,” she said.
Kagan has lived in Parkland since 2004 and was elected to Parkland city commission Seat 1 in 2013. She lives in Heron Bay’s The Greens with her husband, Richard.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- Events2021.02.26Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My House’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.26This Weekend: Parkland Dads Join Their Children On Stage in ‘Matilda’
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms
- News2021.02.24Parkland Soccer U13 Division Taken By Storm