By: Matt Rothman
There were many successful teams in Broward County this Spring, and the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boy’s lacrosse team was at the top of the list.
The Eagles had so many younger players make an impact, but a lot of the credit goes to their 14 seniors.
MSD started the year 8-1 before their season was cut short due to COVID 19, and many seniors were unable to finish their careers. For the seniors – they went 49-19 in their four years at the school.
Of the 14 seniors, two are committed to playing on a collegiate level in Cameron Bailey, who will be attending Weber University and Nicholas Dibitetto, who is heading to Belmont Abbey College.
They have 12 others set to attend college next season in Jordan Beckermeister (Valencia College), Zack Cooper (University of South Florida), Alec Feller (University of Florida), Harris Jaffee (Indiana University) Eric Landess (University of Central Florida), Ryan McMahon (Florida State University), Alex Moscou (Trinity College),
Colin Mulligan, Justin Shurpin, Michael Vaccarezza, Adrian Kauffman, and Christian Higgins. He will be playing college football next year at Wingate University.
The Eagles had winning records in each of the past six seasons, and despite losing a majority of their team, they will return with a very talented group of underclassmen.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals