By Jill Fox
Known throughout Parkland and Coral Springs, Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! brings women together for a common purpose.
The South Florida organization, founded in 2010, by women personally affected by breast cancer, donates 100 percent of its funds raised to breast cancer research.
In addition to their flagship fundraiser every October, the organization holds other smaller affairs throughout the year.
Their Second Annual I Heart NMD shopping event will take place on Wednesday, February 12, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Parkland Golf and Country Club.
The evening will feature vendors selling women’s and children’s clothing, handbags, stationery, home accessories, and more.
Tickets can be purchased for $40 in advance and $45 at the door and will include a happy hour dinner buffet, raffles, and a candy station.
All of the evening’s profits will go towards breast cancer research and patient support services at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Plantation.
“It’s a fun evening to mingle with your friends, have a good time and support the cause,” said founder and chairwoman of Not My Daughter, Denyse Hostig, who is also a breast cancer survivor, “Last year was so much fun, and a tremendous success, so everyone wanted to do it again.”
Parkland Golf and Country Club is located at 10001 Old Club Road. For tickets, visit eventbrite.com.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2020.04.04Volunteers Prepare for Annual Easter Event in Honor of Gina Montalto
- Events2020.04.03DeSantis Issues 2 New Executive Orders: Here’s What You Need to Know
- News2020.04.02Suspicious Incident or Pest Control Service? Parkland Crime Updates Through March 30
- Dining2020.03.31Anthony Rizzo Foundation Provides Free Meals to Health Care Workers