By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through July 17, 2023.
Information on Porto Way was reported on: 07/11/2023. The victim stated that an irate resident drove his vehicle onto the grass, started spinning his tires, and ripped several plants out of the ground.
Information on NW 77th Court was reported on: 07/13/2023. A PS5 was purchased on-line through Amazon, but the recipient never received the package.
Theft – All Other
A victim of Theft – All Other on NW 70 Court was reported on: 07/12/2023. The total estimated loss was: $11,519. The victim made a phone report of a stolen Rolex from her residence. She advised that the suspect worked at her home between January and May and believes he is the only person that could have taken the watch.
A victim of Resist Arrest on Old Club Road was reported on: 07/13/2023. The reporting person alleged that an unknown suspect was driving recklessly in the community. Deputies made contact with the suspect on Loxahatchee Road, where he stopped the vehicle perpendicular to the roadway. However, he refused to comply with the deputy’s commands and was tased.
A victim of Fraud – All Other on W Parkland Bay Trace was reported on: 07/13/2023. The total estimated loss was: $128,650. The reporting person said he sent $128,650 to a subject who advised that they were a spiritual advisor. The spiritual advisor refused to return the reporting person’s money.
A Fraud/Identity Theft victim on NW 113 Avenue was reported on: 07/14/2023. The victim’s father attempted to file his taxes on 7/13/23 but was told by his accountant that the IRS denied the request to file due to someone previously filing taxes for his daughter using her social security number.
A victim of Property Damage on NW 62nd Terrace was reported on: 07/14/2023. A tow truck driver was repossessing a vehicle on private property. While repossessing the vehicle, the black Dodge Ram made contact with a Kia Soul, causing damage to the rear passenger side of the Kia Soul and the rear bumper area of the Dodge Ram.
A victim of Property Damage on Heron Bay Blvd N was reported on: 07/15/2023. Three unknown males entered the fountain and poured an unknown substance into the water, resulting in white foam everywhere. Video footage was uploaded as evidence.
No Arrests Reported
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Man Allegedly Threatens Neighbor and Deputy Using Racial Slurs And Social Media
- NewsSeptember 11, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Man Out For A Walk Attacked By German Shepherd
- NewsSeptember 5, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Homes Under Construction Hit Twice By Burglars
- NewsAugust 27, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Golf Cart Stolen On Old Club Road