By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through January 10, 2022.
Watercrest Cir. W.
A 47-year-old male was the victim of Battery on 01/04/2022. The victim, a representative from a solar panel company, said a resident pushed him. The representative said the resident who pushed him had made an appointment to meet with him, but as soon as he arrived at the location, the resident began to argue with him about solar panels and then became verbally abusive. The victim stated that as he was turning to leave, the resident pushed him with both hands.
On 01/06/2022, a 41-year-old male was the victim of a battery. In the process of a mediated divorce, a mother and father had a physical altercation.
On 01/08/2022, an incident of criminal mischief involving a gray sedan was reported to BSO.
N. State Rd. 7
On 01/06/2022, reporting person received several phone calls about money one of the parties believed he was owed for car transport.
On 01/08/2022, deputies arrived and contacted the reporting party about threatening texts. Texts were not threatening and were received from an unknown number that did not answer when called. The reporting party was given a BSO case card and advised incident would be documented as an informational report.
8600 block of Miralago Way
On 01/06/2022, the reporting person alleged that while a school bus was being driven into the community, the entrance gate arm made contact with the side of the school bus.
7201 N. State Rd. 7
On 01/09/2022, a woman alleged that the driver’s side rear seat was damaged while she was having her 2013 Ford Fusion detailed at Rising Tide Car Wash.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.09.25Parkland Crime Update: Theft and Graffiti Damage
- News2022.09.20Parkland Observes ‘Banned Books Week’ Amid State Crackdown on Reading Materials
- News2022.09.19Parkland Crime Update: Indecent Exposure at Store
- News2022.09.19Parkland Couple Arrested For Stealing From Husband’s Business Partner