By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through September 25, 2023.
A victim of Theft – Retail / Shoplifting on N State Road 7 on 09/19/2023. The total estimated loss was $1,205.17. The reporter advised that after the unknown suspect(s) entered the business, they selected merchandise from within the store, which included facial and sun care items. The suspects concealed the merchandise in oversized purses. The unknown suspects exited the store through the front entrance without making payment. Both suspects entered a black Mercedes SUV.
A victim of Criminal Mischief on W Hillsboro Blvd on 09/20/2023. The owner noticed the ice cream vending machine was damaged. The total value to fix the machine is estimated to be approximately $1,000.
A 41-year-old female was the victim of Criminal Mischief on Majestic Trail on 9/23/2023. The victim advised that a group of juveniles were throwing fireworks at the rear of her residence. The victim states it has been an ongoing issue with the same group of children.
Information at Palenno Road on 09/20/2023. The caller said she found items stuffed behind her barbeque on her back porch. An inventory of the wallet revealed the items to be stolen from different burglary cases.
A victim of Auto Theft on 09/22/2023. A stolen vehicle parked in the residence’s driveway was stolen. It was unlocked, and it is possible that the extra key fob was left inside the vehicle.
A 50-year-old male was the victim of Theft – All Other on Osprey Trail in Hero Bay on 09/22/2023. The total estimated loss was $100. The victim advised that he went to the community gym and dropped his wallet in the lobby. The victim noticed he no longer had his wallet approximately 40 minutes later and then returned to the clubhouse, where he could not find his wallet. The front desk employee advised that the wallet had been found in the sink in the men’s bathroom. However, money and an American Express credit card were missing.
No Arrests Reported
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Over $13K In Checks And Credit Cards Stolen From Business
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Couple Lectured By Barn Owner For Taking Tour Without Permission
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Porsche Stolen Out Of Garage With Key Fob Inside
- NewsNovember 3, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Window Broken and Purse Snatched at Park