By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through November 27, 2023.
A victim of Lost Property on 11/21/2023. The reporting person advised that he could not find his Rolex Day-Date watch. The total estimated loss was $35,000.00.
A victim of Battery on NW 60 Lane on 11/23/2023. Deputies responded to a Fight/Battery. The victim advised a verbal altercation ensued between him and his neighbor over driving in the neighborhood. Both families then started to yell and curse at each other verbally. The verbal altercation escalated, in which the offender got into the victim’s face and pushed him. Cellphone video recorded the incident. The victim did not consent to issue a civil citation, and the offender was transported to BSO Main Jail.
A victim of Fraud Identity Theft on NW 80 Drive on 11/24/2023. The victim advised an unknown suspect stole his identity and opened a Chase credit card in his name.
A victim of Information on NW 128 Way on 11/26/2023. A Possible Drowning occurred when a four-year-old tripped, hit his head, and fell into the pool. The father dove in and took him out of the pool while the mother called 911. He was conscious and breathing when the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department arrived.
A victim of Theft -All Other Majestic Trail on 11/26/2023. The total estimated loss was $10,000. The victim advised she used a dog sitter while she was on vacation with her family starting November 21. The dog sitter allowed an unauthorized person access to the property. When the victim returned home, she discovered approximately $10,000 in jewelry and property stolen.
A victim of Theft – Retail / Shoplifting on N State Road 7 on 11/23/2023. The total estimated loss was $300. The suspect removed two boxes of cigarettes worth $150.00 each from behind the register.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance on 11/27/2023. The total estimated loss was $45. Deputies responded to a suspicious person’s call and made contact with two juveniles, one male and one female. Both could not answer why they were in this community. Both were uncooperative and could not dispel concern for the immediate safety of person or property in the vicinity. Upon further investigation, they arrived in a stolen vehicle, which was located on Loxahatchee Rd., near Nob Hill Rd., reported out of Coral Springs. They also had property with them from the burglary conveyance. Both were charged with Burglary conveyance, theft, auto theft, loitering or prowling, and trespassing.
Bussone, Jonathan, Alessandro, 21, was arrested on a Battery Touch Or Strike charge at NW 60 Lane on 11/23/2023.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Theft Deterred by Locked Car Doors
- NewsFebruary 11, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Dog Escapes Yard And Attacks Another Dog
- NewsFebruary 6, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Screen Company Takes Deposit But Doesn’t Do The Work
- NewsJanuary 30, 2024Parkland Crime Update: Woman Loses Diamond Ring Valued At $42K