By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through February 10.
7500 block of NW 109 Way – Parkland Reserve Community
On February 9, deputies responded about a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival, he learned that the ex-boyfriend of the caller came to her residence without permission and was acting erratically. After making contact with the subject, the deputy learned that he was hallucinating. The subject refused any medical treatment and was Backer Acted.
6900 block of NW 83 Terrace
On February 7, hedge clippers were stolen from a lawn service trailer. Lava Lawn Service was cutting the grass at a residence, when an employee observed a male subject, wearing a blue shirt, exit the open lawn trailer with the hedge clippers ($500), then drive away in a black Ford SUV.
8170 Arcadia Court – The Falls At Parkland
On February 5, deputies responded in reference to a delayed burglary report.
9624 Ginger Court – Parkland Golf & Country Club
On February 5, a deputy responded in reference to a residential fire. Upon arrival, he made contact with a female resident, who advised that she was asleep when she heard the fire alarm.
6000 block of NW 74 Terrace
On February 4, the reportee observed an unknown male subject opening her mailbox. The subject fled the area upon seeing them. Nothing was taken.
8200 block of NW 122 Lane – Heron Bay
On February 7, a deputy responded to a delayed report of minor damage to a decorative foam garage column by a company that delivered floor tile on January 22.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.07.07Deputies Get to the Bottom of a Parkland BB Gun Attack
- News2020.07.06Parkland Chamber of Commerce Holds ‘Equity in Business’ Panel
- News2020.07.05Qualifying for Parkland City Commission Districts 1 and 2 Begins July 6
- News2020.07.05Early Morning Fire Damages Parkland Home in Cypress Head