By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through February 10.
7500 block of NW 109 Way – Parkland Reserve Community
On February 9, deputies responded about a domestic disturbance. Upon arrival, he learned that the ex-boyfriend of the caller came to her residence without permission and was acting erratically. After making contact with the subject, the deputy learned that he was hallucinating. The subject refused any medical treatment and was Backer Acted.
6900 block of NW 83 Terrace
On February 7, hedge clippers were stolen from a lawn service trailer. Lava Lawn Service was cutting the grass at a residence, when an employee observed a male subject, wearing a blue shirt, exit the open lawn trailer with the hedge clippers ($500), then drive away in a black Ford SUV.
8170 Arcadia Court – The Falls At Parkland
On February 5, deputies responded in reference to a delayed burglary report.
9624 Ginger Court – Parkland Golf & Country Club
On February 5, a deputy responded in reference to a residential fire. Upon arrival, he made contact with a female resident, who advised that she was asleep when she heard the fire alarm.
6000 block of NW 74 Terrace
On February 4, the reportee observed an unknown male subject opening her mailbox. The subject fled the area upon seeing them. Nothing was taken.
8200 block of NW 122 Lane – Heron Bay
On February 7, a deputy responded to a delayed report of minor damage to a decorative foam garage column by a company that delivered floor tile on January 22.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.04.02Suspicious Incident or Pest Control Service? Parkland Crime Updates Through March 30
- Dining2020.03.31Anthony Rizzo Foundation Provides Free Meals to Health Care Workers
- News2020.03.29Local Stores Create Special Hours for Shoppers Vulnerable to COVID-19
- News2020.03.27Parkland Resident’s Mom Returns Home after being Stuck at Sea