By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through August 14, 2023.
Information was reported on 08/08/2023. A dispute over payment for blinds in the amount of $5972.74 resulted in a disturbance at the client’s residence.
Information was reported on 08/08/2023. The total estimated loss was $1,700. Reporting person advised that he hired a company to install a new awning at his residence. He put down a $1700.00 deposit, and the work was never started.
Information on NW 66 Place was reported on 0 8/10/2023. The reporting parties found a brown dog in their backyard, later identified as a Blood Hound. Deputies responded and took the dog to the station until Animal Control could answer to take possession.
Information on Nob Hill Rd/Miralago Drive was reported on 08/14/2023. Juveniles were observed by a witness swimming in the water fountain at the entrance of Miralago Drive and Nob Hill Road. They reside in Heron Bay and Cascata. One of the juveniles was picked up by a parent, and the other two were driven home by Law Enforcement.
A victim of Property Damage on NW 62 Street was reported on 08/09/2023. The resident advised that her mailbox was struck by a mail truck while she was out of town. A neighbor provided information. The resident was advised to contact the USPS to file a property damage claim.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance on NW 72 Street was reported on 08/09/2023. The victim discovered their vehicles had been entered. All three were left unlocked in the driveway of the home. A black wallet containing a driver’s license and credit cards was taken from the black pickup truck.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance on Peninsula Place was reported on 08/12/2023. The total estimated loss was $460. A Gray 2022 Mercedes Van and a White 2016 Audi were broken into. An unknown suspect attempted to access the victim’s locked vehicles from his driveway and stole his Amazon package at his front door.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance was reported on 08/13/2023. The total estimated loss was $305. The vehicle was left unlocked overnight.
Theft – All Other
A victim of Theft – All Other was reported on 08/09/2023. The total estimated loss was $500. Deputies responded to a suspicious incident where a Lyft driver, over the phone, alleges that his passenger stole his firearm. Deputies made contact with the vehicle. The victim was driving along with his passenger, the suspect. The suspect had a visible gun in his waistband and was detained. The victim’s firearm was located near where the suspect was sitting. The suspect could not legally carry the gun on his person due to his age, conviction as a delinquent, and that the firearm was modified with a full auto “switch.” The suspect was also charged with grand theft of a firearm and was transported to Broward Main Jail without issue.
Owens, Elijah, Jermaine, 18, was arrested on a Larceny-Grand Theft Of Firearm charge at Holmberg Road on 08/09/2023.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Man Allegedly Threatens Neighbor and Deputy Using Racial Slurs And Social Media
- NewsSeptember 11, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Man Out For A Walk Attacked By German Shepherd
- NewsSeptember 5, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Homes Under Construction Hit Twice By Burglars
- NewsAugust 27, 2023Parkland Crime Update: Golf Cart Stolen On Old Club Road