By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through November 11. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
8500 block of NW 72 Street
On November 9, the victim found the plastic chain cut from the exterior gate that leads to the driveway of the residence. The victim advised that no items were stolen, and the home was still secured. There were no cameras on-site, and a canvas of the neighborhood revealed no other suspicious activity.
8700 block of Parkland Bay Drive
On November 11, a Lennar Homes Manager reported two impact windows, valued at $900 and $700, were damaged sometime between Friday, November 8, and Monday, November 11.
10555 Trails End – Pine Trails Park
On November 11, an unknown person(s) damaged a beverage vending machine located in Pine Trails Park by baseball field C. The machine was removed from the wall, flipped on its side, and the money receiver was damaged. No money was removed from the machine. The owner of the machine was contacted and advised of the incident.
12700 block of NW 83rd Court – Heron Bay
On November 5, a male resident found his wife unconscious on the bathroom floor. CPR was performed, and she was transported to North West Regional Hospital for treatment.
10555 Trails End – Pine Trails Park playground
On November 10, a six-year-old male juvenile accidentally fell and injured his hand while sliding down a slide in the playground. At the parent’s request, the juvenile was transported to Joe Dimaggio Hospital for further evaluation.
7500 block of North State Road 7
On November 5, deputies responded about threats made to a doctor’s office.
6200 block of NW 74 Court
On November 5, a male advised that an ex-employee threatened bodily harm to him and his wife over the phone during the night.
7400 Parkside Drive – Riverglades Elementary School
On November 6, it was alleged that a second-grade student made a threat on the school bus. The student allegedly stated, “He was going to get his dad’s gun and shoot another fourth-grade student.” The school would be completing a Behavioral Threat Assessment.
11000 Holmberg Road – Westglades Middle School
On November 7, deputies took a report of a student who sustained a left knee dislocation after standing up from a chair. Coral Springs Fire Rescue and the child’s parent arrived on the scene, where the student was transported to the hospital emergency room at the parent’s request.
5901 Pine Island Road – Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
On November 7, deputies met with a complainant referencing suspicious comments made by a ninth-grade student at the school.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.2711-Year-Old Gains National Attention After Annual Parkland Turkey Bowl
- News2020.11.27Greater Broward Pap Corps Holds Shopping Event At Jeaneration
- News2020.11.27BSO Protects Parkland Residents from Porch Pirates Over the Holidays
- News2020.11.26Parkland Holds Holiday Decorating Contest For Residents