By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through July 22. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
7300 block of NW 61st Terrace
On July 17, BSO was dispatched to the residence in reference to a suspicious incident. Upon arrival, an officer made contact with the female resident, who advised an unknown male subject entered the neighborhood in a black Santa Fe four-door vehicle. He and another deputy circulated the area to try and locate the subject and vehicle. They were unable to locate the vehicle at that time. No victims were listed.
8700 block of Waterview Terrace – Mira Lago
On July 17, landscapers from Pristine Landscapes struck a gas line when attempting to dig in the front yard to plant a tree. Teco Gas responded and capped off the leak. No victims were listed.
12100 block of Watermark Way – Parkland Bay
BSO responded in reference to an ongoing noise complaint from a home under construction. The resident complained of loud music all day; however, no music was heard, only construction noise. The Lennar Construction Manager was advised.
9200 block of Ranch Road
On July 22, a 17-year-old female was playing around and riding on the trunk of a car when she fell off. She sustained a laceration to the back of her head. CSFD treated her on the scene, and she was transported to Northwest Medical Center.
Arrestable Traffic Violations
5700 Loxahatchee Road/North SR 7
On July 17, a vehicle was stopped for several traffic infractions. Further investigation revealed that the driver had a suspended license with four prior convictions for DWLS. The driver was arrested and booked into the Broward County Jail.
Theft – All other
10555 Trails End – Pine Trails Park
On July 17, the victim stated that an unknown male was seen around his property and left quickly once the property of the victim was discovered stolen. Items included: an Apple iPhone 10X Max ($1100) in a black and green Otter Box case ($40), a FamU card sleeve ($30), a Florida driver license, a Chase Bank debit card, and a health insurance card. The property was left unsecured on the basketball court. The suspect fled in a silver Nissan Rogue.
7500 block of NW 61st Terrace
On July 18, the victim reported an unknown person(s) removed a package from her doorstep. The package contained a black lab coat ($88) and was delivered by FedEx at 2:30 p.m. When the victim arrived home at 7:00 p.m., she noticed the package was missing.
10900 block of Windward Street – Cascada
On July 18, the victim reported his Lexus was entered via an unlocked passenger door. Two credit cards were removed from the center console. At another residence on Windward Street, a BMW X3 was entered via a smashed passenger window. A Michael Kors diaper bag ($300) was removed. Latent prints were obtained from the Lexus passenger side exterior. Video surveillance showed four subjects loitering between the homes. All subjects were dressed in dark clothing and hooded sweatshirts.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Covid-192020.10.23Mortgage Relief Now Available for Parkland Residents Affected by COVID-19
- News2020.10.23Residents and Colleagues Say Goodbye To Mayor Hunschofsky At Her Last Meeting
- News2020.10.22Meet Joe Scott: Army Captain and Candidate for Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.10.22Parkland Names ‘Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Day’ at Meeting