By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through March 23.
8000 block of NW 112th Terrace – Heron Bay
On March 21, deputies took a report of a dog bite by a known chihuahua-mix dog, when it was retrieved from a lake it jumped into. The dog’s foster custodian provided the dog’s current vaccination records.
7000 block of NW 75th Street – Parkside Estates
On March 22, deputies responded about a report of a delayed auto theft. On arrival, the deputy responded to inquire about the location of a Black BMW, which fled from a traffic stop in Fort Lauderdale. He met with the female resident, who advised she parked her BMW on the right side of the driveway. She was unaware the vehicle was missing until the deputy’s arrival. She stated one of the key fobs might have been left inside the unlocked vehicle. The BMW had a GPS locator, which was activated. The vehicle was recovered by BSO North Lauderdale at the 5600 block of SW 12th Ave. The victim was updated on the location and would retrieve her vehicle.
6000 block of NW 66th Way – Pine Tree Estates
On March 19, the victim was cutting the grass, and when he returned to his trailer, which was left open, he noticed that several items of lawn equipment were stolen: an Echo Weed Wacker ($100), Echo Edger ($100), Echo Backpack Blower ($200) and Echo Hedge Trimmer ($300). The lawn trailer was unlocked and open.
6500 block of Arlington Lane – Cypress Head
On March 22, an unknown person entered the victim’s unlocked door and removed a pack of cigarettes valued at $10.00.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer