By: Sharon Aron Baron
A suspect was apprehended in connection to the car break-ins in Parkland area parks this week according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
On Friday at 5 p.m. Cecile Moodie, 54, was arrested for two incidents in Parkland.
The first incident occurred September 25 at Liberty Park at 9200 Ranch Road between 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. when a suspect entered an unlocked car and stole items belonging to two victims including a Louis Vuitton purse, two wallets and $100 in cash for a total of $3,050.
On September 26, another incident occurred next door at Barkland Dog Park at 9245 Ranch Road the passenger window of a 2016 Honda Accord was smashed between 2:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. The victim reported her wallet, which had been placed under the passenger seat, was gone. The wallet contained $25 in cash, credit cards, drivers license and a concealed firearms permit. The victim’s handgun was still in her backseat pocket.
Just two days ago, Parkland’s Captain Mulligan had advised Parkland Talk that they had strong leads on the case.
Moodie has been charged with burglary conveyance, grand theft, larceny of a credit card and fraudulent use of a credit card.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out