By: Jill Fox
The City of Parkland is kicking off the fall festivities, starting with the annual Halloween Festival and Trunk or Treat at Pine Trails Park.
In this safer trick-or-treating alternative, families can stroll from vehicle to vehicle, collecting candy from their decorated trunks. Party-goers should dress in costume and bring friends to see what creative ideas the city has come up with this time around: From popular themes to unique inspirations, both businesses and individuals will provide over 40 trunks to gather goodies from.
Alexandra Valle, Parks and Recreation Special Events Coordinator said it would be nice to see the community come together and unwind with some sweet treats and entertainment.
“Year after year, we see kids of all ages growing up before our eyes,” she said.
At the City of Parkland’s annual Halloween Festival, not only can adults and children visit trunk or treat lane, but there will be stilt walkers, an airbrush artist, and a family-friendly Halloween character show, starting at 6:30 p.m.
The free Parkland celebration will be held on Friday, October 25, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Residents can enjoy music, pick out pumpkins to decorate at the Parkland pumpkin patch, and visit food and dessert trucks with items available for purchase.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office plans to have their SWAT truck at the event, as well as giveaways, plenty of candy for the children, and crime prevention materials for the adults.
“Halloween is a great time of year, but safety is more important than candy,” said BSO Captain Chris Mulligan, who will be at the event to share important tips, like making sure children wear brightly colored costumes or ones that have reflective material in them.
Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2020.04.04Volunteers Prepare for Annual Easter Event in Honor of Gina Montalto
- Events2020.04.03DeSantis Issues 2 New Executive Orders: Here’s What You Need to Know
- News2020.04.02Suspicious Incident or Pest Control Service? Parkland Crime Updates Through March 30
- Dining2020.03.31Anthony Rizzo Foundation Provides Free Meals to Health Care Workers