By Jill Fox
Grab your poles and stock up on bait for the City of Parkland’s annual Youth Fishing Derby.
Held on select summer days at the Pine Trails Park fishing pier, this event is open to children ages 3 to 12 with a parent.
Participants are responsible for bringing all necessary supplies: fishing pole, line, bait, and hooks on the following Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m: June 12, July 10, and August 14.
Check-in will start at 7:45 a.m., followed by the sounding of a horn to start the derby.
Commissioner Ken Cutler is a big fan of the derby has attended every one. He said it’s an opportunity for the entire family to enjoy a great outdoor experience in the amazing City of Parkland.
Everyone who participates will receive recognition. First and second-place prizes will be awarded for the first catch of the day, the biggest catch, and the smallest fish caught.
“All catches are safely returned back to the water after the weigh-in,” said Cutler.
The Pine Trails fishing pier is located in Pine Trails Park at 10555 Trails End in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby