By Sharon Aron Baron
A community commemoration honoring the 17 victims lost at Marjory Stoneman Douglas will be held on February 14, where the City of Parkland is observing it as a Day of Love and Remembrance.
Held at the amphitheater at Pine Trails Park, the event includes a commemoration ceremony conducted by area spiritual leaders, followed by a video.
Support services, therapy dogs, and display boards where the community can write messages will be available.
COVID protocols will be in place, and properly worn facemasks are required.
In case of traffic congestion at Pine Trails Park and the immediate area. Attendees are encouraged to carpool and allow plenty of extra time.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.12Parkland Brings “Moana” to Free Movies in the Park Night
- News2021.06.09University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.09Parkland Resident and Co-Owner of Doris Italian Market Wins Triathlon
- News2021.06.05Girl Scouts Thank the Community in the Most Generous Way: With Cookies