By: Sharon Aron Baron
Each year, Memorial Day marks the day that we honor all Americans who made the supreme sacrifice with their unselfish devotion in order to defend our freedom.
The Parkland Library honors this day by presenting a slideshow of inspirational photographs accompanied by poetic narration. These will be read by local veterans Ronald Stancavage and Alan Paley. Darlene Weingarten, a member of the South Florida Chapter of the American Harp Society, will provide beautiful background music during the presentation.
The public is invited to attend this special event on Wednesday, May 24th, from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Registration is not required. For more information visit www.cityofparkland.org/library or call 954-757-4207.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors