By Jill Fox
The City of Parkland will present a special celebration in observance of Veterans Day.
Held on Monday, November 11, at 10:45 a.m., music will be provided by Parkland International Musical Academy.
Beginning at 11 a.m., the Veterans Day Ceremony will honor those who have served the United States military and include guest speakers and patriotic music.
Parkland Mayor, Christine Hunschofsky, who will speak at the ceremony said, “We should thank our veterans every single day, and during this event, we will take the time to acknowledge what they have done for us and thank them for protecting the freedoms that we are able to enjoy.”
Parkland International Musical Academy will perform the National Anthem as well as a musical tribute. The ceremony will feature the presentation of colors by the Honor Guard, including representatives from the Broward Sheriffs Office, Parkland and Coral Springs Fire Department, and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School JROTC.
Residents and veterans are encouraged to attend and be recognized during the celebration, which will also include poetry read by local Boy and Girl Scout troops, bagpipes, and food trucks, with refreshments available for purchase.
Veterans Park is located next to the Parkland Library at 6620 University Drive.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program