By Jill Fox
After last year’s season was cut short, the Parkland Pokers 8U team is looking forward to getting back on the field.
According to team representative, Brain Baldocchi, whose son, Connor, 8, will play in his third season, the team is made up of some great returning players, and they just need a few more to complete the team.
Tryouts for the 8U team are open to committed seven and eight-year-old boys and girls with an interest in baseball. They must have been born on or after May 1, 2012.
A pre-tryout workout is scheduled for Thursday, July 16, at 5:30 p.m. at Pine Trails Park, field B, inviting players interested in attending tryouts to spend additional time working out with the coaching staff.
Tryouts will follow in the same location on Saturday, July 18, at 4 p.m., Monday, July 20, at 6 p.m. and Thursday, July 23, at 5:30 p.m. Players should make an effort to attend all three days.
Coaches and players will follow social distancing guidelines, and interested parents with any questions should call Pokers Manager, Mark Longaro, at 561-886-8657.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Covid-192020.10.23Mortgage Relief Now Available for Parkland Residents Affected by COVID-19
- News2020.10.23Residents and Colleagues Say Goodbye To Mayor Hunschofsky At Her Last Meeting
- News2020.10.22Meet Joe Scott: Army Captain and Candidate for Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.10.22Parkland Names ‘Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Day’ at Meeting