By Jill Fox
After last year’s season was cut short, the Parkland Pokers 8U team is looking forward to getting back on the field.
According to team representative, Brain Baldocchi, whose son, Connor, 8, will play in his third season, the team is made up of some great returning players, and they just need a few more to complete the team.
Tryouts for the 8U team are open to committed seven and eight-year-old boys and girls with an interest in baseball. They must have been born on or after May 1, 2012.
A pre-tryout workout is scheduled for Thursday, July 16, at 5:30 p.m. at Pine Trails Park, field B, inviting players interested in attending tryouts to spend additional time working out with the coaching staff.
Tryouts will follow in the same location on Saturday, July 18, at 4 p.m., Monday, July 20, at 6 p.m. and Thursday, July 23, at 5:30 p.m. Players should make an effort to attend all three days.
Coaches and players will follow social distancing guidelines, and interested parents with any questions should call Pokers Manager, Mark Longaro, at 561-886-8657.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer