By Jill Fox
The Coconut Creek Democratic Club is offering residents the opportunity to get to know the candidates for Florida Senate District 29.
After serving in the Senate since 2018, Senator Kevin J. Rader announced he was retiring from District 29, and Representatives Tina Polsky and Irv Slosberg are the Democrats fon the ballot for the open seat. On Thursday, July 16, at 7:20 p.m., a policy question and answer session via zoom will be held to introduce voters to the two.
Polsky, 52, is a Democratic member of the Florida House of Representatives for District 81. She has been a member of Florida’s House of Representatives since 2018 and lives in Boca Raton. Polsky received endorsements from Rader as well as Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky and the Sun-Sentinel.
Slosberg, 72, spent 12 years in the House, from 2000 through 2012. In 2016, he had an unsuccessful run for Senate District 31. He is endorsed by Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner.
After the August 18 primary, the winner will run against Republican first-time candidate Brian Norton. Norton moved to South Florida in 2010 and currently lives in West Boca.
District 29 covers portions of Palm Beach County, including Boca Raton, Wellington, and South Bay, as well as some Broward cities, including Parkland, Coconut Creek, and some of Coral Springs and Pompano Beach.
The 2020 election will take place on Tuesday, November 3. RSVP for the zoom session here.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer