By Jill Fox
As second vaccines are given and more residents are venturing out, some Parkland restaurants are hosting small events while still adhering to proposed guidelines.
For anyone looking to socialize while learning to play Mah Jongg, there are two upcoming opportunities for beginners to participate in evenings filled with friends, food, and fun.
Mah Jongg is a table game similar to rummy played with tiles rather than cards. Most women would agree the typical goal is to assemble a winning combination of tiles over tasty snacks and occasional gossip.
On Tuesday, April 27, interested players can visit Family Bagels of Long Island at 9:30 a.m. for bagels, coffee, and Mah Jongg.
If a mom’s night out sounds better, Parkland’s Deja Blue is hosting an evening session at 7 p.m. on Tuesday with wine on the patio.
Both events include professional instruction, practice gameplay, Mah Jongg supplies, and the lesson for $25.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park