By: Jill Fox
Put away those car keys, grab a helmet or walking buddy, and enjoy the fun of the outdoors. On Wednesday, October 6, students are encouraged to do just that.
Heron Heights, Riverglades, Park Trails Elementary Schools, and Westglades Middle are participating in Walk to School Day, a tradition since 2008 — except for last year.
Research has shown that one-time events like Walk to School Day can increase the number of students who walk or bicycle to school even weeks after the day of the event.
The City of Parkland reminds parents to keep close adult supervision on all children, follow all traffic laws, and use crosswalks when crossing the street.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer