By Jill Fox
Can everyone say GOAL? Parkland Soccer Club registration is open for the 2021-2022 season.
From now through August 31, registration for the oldest and largest league in the city is available for $145 per player with a $15 discount for each sibling.
Parkland Soccer Club President Doug Cole said Covid-19 caused a significant decrease in last season’s participation, and he’s hopeful this year will be back to 1,400 players, who range in age from four to 18.
The recreational league for all skill sets focuses on sportsmanship and learning the game.
The season runs from Sunday, October 24, 2021, to Saturday, February 26, 2022. The soccer club needs volunteer coaches and referees, as young as 14, who will receive training and compensation.
“With Covid behind us, we also hope we bring back our annual end-of-season celebration with rides, trophies, and Carvel,” said Cole. “It’s an all-around great event.”
Parkland parents need a copy of their child’s birth certificate and proof of residency, which can include an electric, gas, water, cable, or phone bill.
To register, visit parklandsoccer.net.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park